Are you looking for a Tuscany quote to use as a photo caption for your social media feed? Or perhaps you are simply seeking inspiration to book your next trip to Italy.
Well, you’re in luck. Over the millennia, Tuscany has been a source of inspiration for authors and actors, thinkers and travellers.
From literary captions to snappy sayings, here is my hand-curated collection of the best quotes about Tuscany that describe this impossibly romantic region.
Feel free to copy your favourite Tuscany caption and paste it into your Twitter, Instagram or Facebook post.
Some articles on this website contain affiliate links. This means that I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase through these links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Famous Quotes about Tuscany, Italy
1. Travel is very subjective. What one person loves, another loathes. I would say a private paradise in the Caribbean. If you want culture and class, I would say Tuscany. If you want exotic, I would say Bangkok, Thailand. – Robin Leach, journalist
2. Tuscany is so full of history and beauty – you meet wonders of art and architecture on almost every corner. But I love the region’s homier aspects: the special sweetness of the tomatoes, the soft mozzarella, the heady scents of basil and garlic everywhere. – Trudie Styler, actor
3. But no one will weep for me or for them. They have been buried, nameless, beneath five centuries of time. I am a vampire. My name is Vittorio, and I write this now in the tallest tower of the ruined mountaintop castle in which I was born, in the northernmost part of Tuscany, that most beautiful of lands in the very center of Italy. – Vittorio, The Vampire, Anne Rice
4. I walked across Tuscany from Siena to Rome, which was a lovely way to see the landscape. It was sunny but not too hot, and we made detours to look at treasures – churches, paintings, little hill villages. The first couple of days, you feel your knees are turning to jelly. But, at the end, you feel very limber. I hope I can always do it. – Diana Quick, actress
5. The Tuscan countryside whizzed by in a kaleidoscopic whirl of shapes and colors. Green grass and trees melded with blue sky, purple and yellow wildflowers, peachy-orange villas, brown-and-gray farmhouses, and the occasional red-and-white Autogrill, Italy’s (delicious) answer to fast food. – Georgia’s Kitchen, Jenny Nelson
6. One of my ambitions is to move to Tuscany. I like the idea of getting a vineyard. I love being under the sun and being casual and comfortable. That’s my idea of heaven. – Paolo Nutini, singer
7. …The broad circumference
Hung on his shoulders like the moon, whose orb
Through optic glass the Tuscan artist views
At evening from the top of Fesolé,
Or in Valarno, to descry new lands,
Rivers, or mountains, in her spotty globe.
– Paradise Lost, John Milton
8. The Grand Duke [of Tuscany] …after observing the Medicaean plants several times with me … has now invited me to attach myself to him with the annual salary of one thousand florins, and with the title of Philosopher and Principal Mathematicial to His Highness; without the duties of office to perform, but with the most complete leisure; so that I can complete my Treatises… – Galileo Galilei, astronomer
9. KRAMER: Yeah, ya know you haven’t been around for a while.
MAESTRO: Oh yeah, I’ve been at my house in Tuscany.
KRAMER: Oh Tuscany huh? Hear that Jerry? That’s in Italy.
JERRY: I hear it’s ah beautiful there. – The Maestro, Seinfeld
Tuscany Quotes for Instagram Captions
There are times when only an Italy caption will do. Here is a selection of short Tuscany quotes that you can use for your Instagram, Twitter or Facebook feed.
10. My idea of heaven still is to drive the gravel farm roads of Umbria and Tuscany, very pleasantly lost. – Frances Mayes, author
11. I think I’ll always flutter all over. I’d like to live in different parts of the world – I’d love to live in Tuscany for a few months. – Blake Lively, actor
12. I am a product of my native land, Tuscany, Italy. – Andrea Bocelli, tenor
13. Americans who visit Tuscany or Umbria love the landscape: the silvery olive groves, the fields of sunflowers, the vineyards, the stone houses and barns. –Anthony Lewis, writer
14. Maybe money can’t buy happiness, but it can get you a nice little villa in Tuscany, and that’s close enough for me. – Lois Greiman, author
15. Fairytales are made up of Tuscany at twilight. – Anonymous